Saturday, May 19, 2012

Disneyland - Our Hotel

We were on a budget on this trip, nothing fancy, really we just needed a clean place to sleep and we really wanted a place that offered breakfast.

I used the ever faithful Facebook to ask friends about a hotel reccomendation. A friend suggested the Days Inn on Harbor Blvd.  She thought it was clean, comfortable and had friendly staff. I would say that I agree. The rooms were not fancy or large. We didn't spend a lot of time in our hotel room but it was more than adequate for our needs.

We got a room with two queen beds which worked for the 5 of us. My one year old slept in our bed, but they did have a playpen available which was nice.

The hotel offered a free breakfast daily which I would rate as so-so. Their continental breakfast included orange or apple juice, coffee, milk and hot chocolate for beverages. Food included banana and orange slices, bagels and cream cheese, glazed, chocolate or powdered dougnuts, toast and cereal. It wasn't exactly what I was hoping for and one morning we did end up going out for breakfast just to do something different. It was nice though to feed the kids while everyone was getting ready and they loved having cereal and doughnuts.

This hotel offered a shuttle, but it left only 20 minutes before Disneyland opened and we wanted to be there sooner so we drove instead.

This Days Inn had a pool and a hot tub which was great after a long day. I find that kids are easy to please and a hotel with a pool is a big deal.

Our average nightly cost for this room with taxes and fees was about $75. I feel that was fair. Obviously depending on when you go you'll pay a different price.

I did pay about $15 for the week to "rent" the key to their in-room safe. I brought a lot of cash and it made me feel better to leave it in the safe while we were out sight-seeing.

If you would like to check out this hotel here is the link to their website:
Days Inn Anaheim Harbor Blvd

No comments:

Post a Comment