So the flight.
We flew with a 7 year old boy, 5 year old girl, 3 year old girl (my niece) and a nearly one year old girl.
For the 3 older children here is what I did -
Each child got their own backpack for the flight. In the backpacks were packed the following:
- Gum for ears, they chewed this during takeoff and the landing. It helped A LOT.
- Snacks, the airline we flew is a "no-frills" type airline and you had to pay for snacks or drinks.
- Drinks, you can't take liquids through security so I was just prepared to buy them drinks right after we got through for the flight. You could also bring empty water bottles to fill with water at the drinking fountains. Your choice.
- New toys, the two older girls got a Disney Princess set and my son got a new Lego set.
They did not get the toys until right before we boarded the plane.
|Here the kids are playing with their new toys right before we got on the plane.|
|Playing with his new Lego Set|
- clean empty bottles and formula - you'll have to get water usually past security
- snacks (I think a variety is good)
- small toys, books, sensory items to keep them entertained
- pacifier or be prepared with a bottle or to nurse during take off
- diapers and wipes
- change of clothes - one outfit at least
- Lots of patience
I think we actually did pretty well, my kids were so happy to fly instead of drive all the way to Disneyland. It was a very exciting part of the trip for my kiddos.